Stacey Baez has a Master’s Degree in Human Resources and Labor Relations as well as SHRM-CP certification. Stacey has over 10 HR and workplace dispute experience and is an Adjunct Professor with NYIT’s School of Management, and Stonybrook Universities School for Professional Development. She is a facilitator with the Dispute Resolution Institute of NY, an educational think tank focusing on managing workplace issues and resolving conflict where she develops and presents customized training program for organizations.
I am an experienced mediator, facilitator and trainer. As a former investment attorney and commercial real estate professional, I have experience interpreting complex legal and financial documentation and I am a seasoned negotiator.
I have successfully completed 40-hour basic mediation and 32-hour divorce mediation trainings. I have also completed training or workshops in restorative practices, nonviolent communication, anger management, conflict in the workplace and Kingian Nonviolence. I have experience mediating all types of conflicts: neighbors, family conflicts including divorces, conflicts in schools, and workplaces, businesses and institutions.
I am African American and have the background and experience to assist disputants in cases where race and discrimination are issues.
Community Mediation, Inc., Hamden, CT, November 2010 to October 2017
Staff Mediator/Coordinator of Mediators and Interns
Conducting mediations. Perform intake interviews to determine suitability for mediation. Managing volunteer mediators and interns. Manage the case and mediator databases. Schedule mediations, providing office space, mediation forms and refreshments for mediations. Trained in basic mediation, divorce mediation, restorative practices and negotiations. Attended workshops in anger management, Kingian nonviolence, mental health and mediation and conflict in the workplace. Trainer in nonviolent communication, basic mediation, peer mediation and restorative practies. Coordinate COPS Referral, Veterans Mediation and Juvenile Review Board Programs. Developed social media plan for building agency awareness on the Internet. Assist in preparing responses to RFP’s and grant proposals.
New Haven Legal Assistance Association, New Haven, CT, March 2009 to August 2010
Volunteer attorney in Housing Unit representing tenants facing eviction and with the Children and Youth Advocacy Project representing neglected and abused children.
- Interviewed clients to determine facts
- Worked with senior attorneys to develop legal strategies to achieve desired objectives
- Researched the law and prepared memoranda and briefs in support of client’s position
- Worked with social service agencies to provide clients with needed services
- Appeared in court representing clients
Sentinel Real Estate Corporation, New York City, NY, August 1994 to April 2008
- Directed property operations and asset management activities for a portfolio of 42 apartment properties totaling 12,500 units, with a value in excess of $700 million. Portfolio consistently achieved the highest physical and economic occupancy among the company’s portfolios. Supervised a team of asset and district managers including 12 real estate professionals and on-site property staff totaling 350 employees.
- Prepared annual budgets and asset plans. Presented same to senior management and clients for approval. Budget and asset plan preparation and approval. Developed and presented operating strategies to control expenses, increase revenue and net operating income in order to maximize cash flows and enhance value.
- Conducted property inspections to ensure properties met company-operating standards for curb appeal, operating procedures and free from safety hazards. Supervised major capital projects in accordance with portfolio objectives.
- Investor servicing for large separate accounts. Prepared investor reports and responded to investor questions and requests.
- Prepared hold/sell analyses as part of annual review process. Made improvements to position properties for sale and maximize sales price. Prepared sales brochures. Marketed properties either directly or via brokers.
- Participated in investor presentations and property tours. Marketed company’s investment and management expertise to existing and prospective clients, primarily public pension funds.
- Sourced, structured, negotiated, documented the acquisition of investment grade real estate properties. Prepared investment summaries. Recommended acquisitions to investment committee.
Fleet Bank, Hartford, CT, August 1990 to August 1994
Senior Vice President and Group Head Performing Loans
- Permanent and construction commercial real estate loan production. Loan servicing for a $300MM portfolio of performing and nonperforming loans, all property types. Supervised four loan production officers and two credit analysts.
- Negotiated loan workouts to mitigate losses and supervised foreclosures. Managed REO’s.
- Completed bank’s credit training program.
Cigna Corporation, Hartford, CT, June 1979 to August 1990
Vice President Real Estate Production
- Originated, analyzed, negotiated, documented and closed real estate loans, equities and joint venture investments; all property types. Production totaled in excess of $300MM.
Vice President Asset Management
- Asset management responsibility for a $200MM portfolio of commercial real estate assets (hotel, office, retail and apartment properties). Budget and asset management plan preparation. Capital program approval and supervision. Developed and implemented strategies to maximize property and portfolio cash flows.
Counsel Legal Department
- Negotiated and documented complex privately placed securities transactions and investments. Negotiated workouts and counsel to the Private Placement Department on bankruptcy matters.
- Served as Secretary to the Board of Directors
Investors Diversified Services, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota – Counsel
Assistant City Attorney, St. Paul, Minnesota – Assistant City Attorney